Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas Buffet!!!

Good Evening!


 Today was such a fun day! :) We presented our Christmas Buffet in the restaurant. People bought tickets for 30$ and culinary made a buffet of their own and when people were done with their meal they made their way over to us.

 The guests were so wonderful. They were asking us all sorts of questions about the course and what we had made. They were as equally as excited as we were.

 I went to school a little early. I was so scared that my madeleines weren't going to turn out. I've only tried them once, last week...and they burnt. We had to have everything ready for 11:30, so if they didn't turn out I would of needed to come up with a back up plan very very quickly. Luckily, they turned out just wonderfully! I used my madeleine pan that my dad got me a few christmas' ago. Thanks dad!!


Medeleines right of the oven! Chef said they were prefect. 



 Next I started working on my chocolates. I had re-done my ganache because it was not "rummy" enough. The new batch I made was soooooo rummy! When you tried it with just the chocolate, it was sort of like doing a shot lol. Chef kept joking that he was getting buzzed from sampling my product haha. Then I put the hazelnut on the top and tried it, it was perfect! Such a great balance. I am so proud of these chocolates. Mostly because they were mine! Not copying chefs idea..the ganache recipe was his though. I loved it, other people loved it. I'm so proud of myself!  I only made 16 with hazelnuts and gold leaf for the buffet (thats all we needed to do) but when Leona walked past our guests they asked her for more of them! So she brought out the rest of mine that weren't fully finished and they ate all those as well! It's so friggen exciting!
 I also had a gentleman come to the table and ask who made the madeleines. I told him that I made them. He said he wanted to take them all home with him. He said they were "absolutely fantastic, so light and perfect." - I was on cloud nine!

Dark chocolate base, rum ganache, candied hazelnut with gold leaf. 



This was my first time using gold leaf.
Next we set up for the buffet! Enjoy the pictures of our buffet fun! 

 Have a wonderful evening! 


My chocolates and Jessicas (white chocolate mint) 

Karens dark chocolate orange cake 

Jessicas amazing yule log

Katies piped shortbreads 

Jessicas second yule log

Almost done!


My madeleines

All ready to serve some sweets! 



lol Sara being creepy and watching us from the Lab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment