Wednesday 15 January 2014

We made flowers today!

Good evening,

 Today was a pretty mellow day. We made more flowers!

  Our group got to relax and bond and laugh while we were making gum paste flowers.

 First we made daisy's.  I've done gum paste flowers before, I did all the winton courses. Chef does everything differently though, so now it's time to learn how to do things his way! I think knowing more than one way to do things is a bonus. We rolled out our gum paste, cut out the flower shape. We cut each petal in half and then rolled each one with a toothpick. Then we glued them on to the bases we made yesterday and hung them upside down to dry.

Next we made carnations. I had trouble with these in the wilton course and I had trouble with them today. I made a new kinda...triangle carnations! lol. An Ashley special. I'm going to try and fix them tomorrow.

 Then we made the roses. I LOVE my roses. I've never been good at making these, but the flower gods were on my side today. These were run to make. Very time consuming, but fun.

 And that was my day in pastry.

 I went up and spent a few hours on the computer working on excel. I'm so glad i did. It really helped me get ready for the work we have to do on Monday.

 Once I'm done this I'm going to go sign up for the skills competition. I am scared shitless. It's so intimidating, but I can do this....I can do this...I can do this.

 Every Wednesday we are working on skills stuff after class. By next wednesday Chef wants my ideas for my french pastries. These next few months are going to be absolutely insane and over whelming.

 I'm off to go sign up for skills *with my heart racing in my chest*

Chat later loves!

My daisy and one of my roses

Roses

My triangle carnations

No comments:

Post a Comment