Tuesday 15 April 2014

My egg is....

Good afternoon!

 Today was Easter Egg day!

 We finished up our project and I'm IN LOVE with my egg. Getting him to come together was a little bit of a challenge, but hes done!

 To tell you about how he was put together I should show you what it is...

 Any Futurerama fans?

Introducing BENDER!


He doesn't look as angry as I wanted him to. Bender always has a pissed off look...but we made him look...crazy. Crazy Bender! haha

I think one of the hardest parts of putting this together was using a hot copper pipe to shape the back of his visor so it would fit with the curve of the egg. That took a while and we then had to do some patch work...but you would of never known.

 Colouring him was a challenge too. Chef didn't have gray cocoa butter, so we had to make our own gray. Which made it really runny. So we had to spray him and go at him with a paint brush, then he needed 4 more rounds of spray and then pearl dust to make him shiny like a robot. Chef helped a lot with colouring him...I don't have a good relationship with that gun. It intimidated me.

 The scariest part was when I carried him down to the Cafeteria. I'm yelling at Chefs to get out of the way, my arms are shaking, I'm holding my breath praying to just make it to the display table. No problems. Phew!

 By far the best part of this whole project is when I heard people yelling "OH MY GOD! BENDER!" haha. Makes me feel really good.

 I'm glad its over. Tempering chocolate in large quanities is done. woo! Just one more project stands between me and the end of the year. Black Forest Cake.

 My classmates did an amazing job as well! Here are all the pictures of our work. Enjoy!


Jean-Lucs Egg. It's an Egg Foctory. Chocolate goes in the top, eggs come out the bottom!

Jessica and Nicks Yellow egg with beautiful flowers

Aiden and Sams AMAZINGLY painted egg.

Jenny and Bethani's lovely beach theme

Meagen and Katies gorgeous easter flower egg

Melissa and Lisa's Stunning Fabajay (?) Egg
Karen and Amandas Owl! Love it!

Leona, Sarah and Miranda's super sweet bunny and flower egg

Sarah and Aprils Eggs falling out of an egg. haha I absolutely love this.

Lined up and ready for auction

Lined up and ready for Auction

 
I think I'm missing one more groups. They were still working on it. Saf and Julie made a roller skate! :)


Sara and I with Bender

 Come buy some tickets and go home with one of these amazing all chocolate completely edible chocolate eggs! Come on! Come on! Come on!

 I'm off to get Ruby (my car) checked out. The fun just never stops around here.

Enjoy your night folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment