Wednesday 2 April 2014

Introducing... CONCEPTION PASTRIES! haha

Good evening! 

 Well, It's been a very busy few weeks around here. We have moved out of our apartment and I'm staying with my dad and step mom until school is over. All of our goodies are half at families in bridgewater and the other half at another families house. All over the place. 
 Moving day was.....fun? no. Not fun. Moving sucks the big one. Especially when you have to do it on your own with no professional movers. 
 LUCKILY we had some awesome friends and my dad helping us. Without them I don't even want to know how the day would of gone. By the end of the day I was covered in mud, completely soaked in water (don't ever move in March..ick) Full of bruises and so friggen tired. Everyone looked like that. It feels good to have that behind us. Onwards and upwards to bigger and better things! 

 Now on to the pastry world. What have I missed telling you about?...

 Last time I wrote we were getting ready to do our Chefs for Unicef event. Thanks to mother nature that got cancelled and we got a day off school. It was too bad, I love going to the events and showing the public what I can do. For this event we each had to come up with and make two dozen french pastries. As well as other little things that were on his list to make. 

 My pastries were a puff pastry on the bottom with a choux paste ball filled with raspberry pastry cream, chocolate chantilly cream piped around it, with a raspberry and sugar decoration. After I made them I took a step back to admire my work. I couldn't help but laugh...good god what did I just produce? Introducing, Ashley's conception pastries! hahahaha. Totally didn't do this on purpose. I possibly should of made a different shape sugar decoration. 




It's okay, you are allowed to laugh...I did. Chef said they were nice. I was taken back with this as I thought he would be the first to pick up on what they look like. 

 He picked mine, sara's, Aiden and Melissas pastries to be sent out to the dining room. yay! 

mmm pastries. 


 I also made some linzer cookies and piped shortbread for the event. Everything we made just went down to the cafeteria to be sold. What a shame. Damn you mother nature!! *shakes fist*




Today we started our rotation in decor...which means...SUGAR WORK!! hells yes!! 

 We made leaves and spirals and a flower. I love playing with sugar. Something very relaxing about it (to me anyways) - Some of my classmates don't share my love of sugar work. 
 
When I look at my hand I can see all the places where I burned myself today, I have "sunburn" spots on my hands. Ah, the life of a pastry student. Totally worth it. 




Aren't they pretty!? When I poured my sugar it started off as purple..ended up pink. More food colouring next time! 
 I'm not sure if these are going to be used for anything or if they are just for practice. Our end product will be an under water theme. We shall see how this turns out :) 

 Well that's about it for my day. I'm off to go practice my excel stuff. We have an exam coming up and I am not going have Excel be the thing that keeps me from graduating. Our teacher could see how much we were all struggling and he even said the wording in the book is really hard to understand, so he re-wrote it all for us. It's much better now. He renamed the hotel "Hotel Awesomesauce" haha. Awesome teacher. 

 Have a wonderful evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment