Friday 11 April 2014

Touch of Class

Hello,

 Well I survived Touch of Class! It was actually a lot of fun. Stressful getting everything ready for the buffet but once you see all the people enjoying your food it makes it all worth while.

 The theme was the 1920's, there was a band playing music in the lounge, the tourism students were all dressed up like people from that time. They looked amazing. The boulanger room was decked out and they were all dressed up as well. I would buy tickets for it next year, so much fun.

 By the end of the evening we were all ready to get some drinks in to us. I needed some wine, that was for sure.

 At the end of the night we brought all the left over food back to the kitchen and we let the cooks go at it. And oh my goodness did they ever. It was like Lions on a dead zebra. I got away with my lemon cake for my stepmom and a few pieces of my apple walnut cake. Delish!

 There are some things in our buffet that I was not happy with. My classmates tables looked amazing. They had props, they did an amazing job. I honestly felt like my table could of been better. But that comes down to planning and unfortunately the planning wasn't completely there. Live and learn.

 The people who ate at our table loved what they did have. The compliments were wonderful :)

 This post is going to be mostly pictures. Enjoy.

Chocolate Mocha cake with chocolate cigarettes. 


Our table

Fruit tiramisu 

Our table

Mint and vanilla buttercream opera cake

Almonds, gin chocolates, blood orange paris brest


Lemon mousse cake

Sara and I 

Centerpiece. I tried to make the sign look like lights...got smudged. meh. 

Classmates table

haha! oh jess

Classmates table

Melissa and Lisa

Hi bethanie! 

Sam and Aiden

Jenny and Leona

Katie and Meghan

Karen and Amandas table - amazing talent.

They made handmade chocolate tea cups....

Mini tea set...

beautiful macaron

Lavender varrines with sugar feathers

My end of the night glass (ahem, half bottle) of wine. A school day from 7am to 10pm. Long day. Hurting feet. Absolutely exhausted. Totally worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment