Friday 1 November 2013

A MUCH better day today!

Greetings and happy Friday!

 I am please to announce that today was a much better day. Thank goodness. :)

 When we got in I knew Chef would want us to finish our chocolate moulds first. He looked at me and said "You have until 8:15 to get these done...45 minutes. Lots of time." - panic!

 I have been replaying, in my mind, since last night, the way Chef did the mould yesterday. Studying it and imagining myself doing it. It seemed to of worked. We got those done in 20 minutes! I walked up to him with a big proud grin on my face and showed him and he said "friggen finally!" Then smiled and gave me a wink. So happy we got these done in one try! A little confidence boost to start the day is not a bad thing.

 We then finished our rougeur cake. We had to spread the raspberry glaze on top, then measure out some white chocolate squares and put them on the side of the cake. Tomorrow we will be finishing it by adding our sugar work to the top of it! So excited!

 Then we had to make some more french meringue - the humidity from the rain ruined them. They just completely crumbled. So those are in the oven for the night. I hope they hold up until Sunday. damn you rain *shakes fist*

 We also got to finish our mousse cups. Love these little cups of goodness. We usually put a piece of cake in the bottom of the chocolate ring, but Chef wanted to make these gluten free so its just chocolate, chocolate mousse and fruit. Delish. Sara almost gave me a heart attack. We got them out of the freezer and she dropped the whole tray! Luckily she caught it half way to the floor. I almost crapped my pants - so did she lol. From that point, I was the one who had to carry everything.

 Then we were told to finish covering a cheesecake. We melted down a ganache, and some white chocolate. Sara poured the ganache over the top, then I piped a spiral circle on it. Chef handed me a knife and talked me through making the design on the top. Super easy. Drag out...Drag in...Drag out..and repeat. It looks so pretty! Very impressed.

 We then had to organize the fridge where all this is being held. I love organizing.  There is a lot of food. I am going in tomorrow morning to help put the finishing touches on everything, then on sunday we are going in to pack everything in to cars and taking it to the Canard centre. I'm so excited to see the finished products and peoples reactions to it. I hope everything goes smoothly and nothing gets dropped, or tipped over...or dropped...or kicked...or crushed....or dropped...lol

 We were done and leaving school by 12:10 - no complaints here.

Davin is currently watching a scary movie, so I have locked myself in the second bedroom with music on. I don't get the whole scary movie thing. Who likes to be scared? not me. I don't watch those things and because of that I can easily walk around in the dark. Davin can not - Its really funny. So tonight I will be jumping out at him and scaring the poo out of him. He likes to be scared...I can fully make that happen. buahahahaha, I'm a horrible wife. :P

 Enjoy your Friday evening! Stay tuned for posts about our wonderful chocolate event!

Just needs the sugar work! So pretty! 

<3

Before...


AFTER! 

So beautiful! 

I need to eat this...

mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment