Sunday 3 November 2013

Chocolate Affaire!

Happy Sunday!

 This week has been a very long week. I have been at school everyday, I'm not complaining (I did volunteer) it just feels weird.

 Today was so much fun! Some of us went to school to help pick up all the goodies, then we drove them over to the cunard centre. I had no clue where I was going so I followed someone. My goodness, the GPS sending us the long way, the construction, my follow car having to pull over to wait for me. We eventually made it though!

 Then came  time to set up! We had to design the table and put everything out. It was super fun! In my group I think I took charge when it came to this. Can't help it! In the end our group did an awesome job and everything looked great! Very impressed.

 We also met the mayor. Very neat, he seemed nice.

 When the doors opened we had 400 (I believe) people come flooding in. Just crazy. We were each stationed behind a cake and I was so nervous and excited that I was just shaking. When someone asked for a piece of mine I had little squiggle marks from my knife in the ganache. It took me forever to get that first piece out...it was embarrassing.

 I also had these little cream puff swans in front of me and a lady asked me what they were - I froze. I stared at her saying nothing with my mouth open. "umm...choux paste...swans...with...cream...swans." She walked away. My classmates laughed haha. "well, that was embarrassing." Then Chef came up behind me laughing and said "Don't embarrass me Ashley! (he said it jokingly)" to which I responded "no promises! You can dress me up but you can't take me out."
 One of my classmates said "maybe you could call it a swan cream puff?" YES! Perfect!  Thank god she bailed me out - I was lost. haha

 Luckily after a few people I calmed down and things ran smoothly. By the end of it we were all starving so after the second round of buffet, chef said "go" and we jumped on those left over sweets! oh my goodness, so good. Then we all sniffed out the cheese and cracker table lol. There was no denying that we were starving students. Free food. Happy student chefs.

 Jean-Luc was also presented with an award. He's been part of this event for 10 years. We all got brought up on stage and he got his award. It was so nice! I'm very happy for him. :)

 It was a great day and a great experience. I will be attending this event next year as a guest. 60 bucks, a great cause and all the chocolate you can eat. Try and stop me! buahaha.

Time to go do some more studying and sleeping.

 Here are some pictures of the day!

Starting to set up and figure things out

Chocolate pillows. amazing

Almond brittle and cookies and goodies

Goodies! 

Our beautiful cake!!! So proud of how pretty this is

!!!!!!

Cheesecakes, marshmallows, pies..

see our lovely mousse cups!?






My first sugar rose (leona and I made the petals) 

All ready! 

Cute little truffle mice! (other vendors table) 

People eating

NSCC chocolate show piece. They did an amazing job on it! 





No comments:

Post a Comment