Friday 6 September 2013

BACTERIA EVERYWHERE!

HAPPY FRIDAY WORLD! 

 This is my first friday that it actually matters that its friday! I haven't had a weekend off (without booking it off) in...in....iiiiiinnnnn...a long time. so exciting! 

 Today was a very long day. I was awake at 5am, and I must say I am still in very good spirits at the crack of dawn. I bound out of bed and am just jolly. Feels good. And yes I know its only the first week..but I count it as a success. Anyways where was I?...oh yes! long day. Awake at 5, on the road early...I thought I was going to be smart and beat the traffic. No...I hate the bedford highway at 8 am. 
OH! I got to use my macpass for the first time today. I was terrified that it wouldn't work so as I approached I was also clutching a loonie just in case it didn't want to work for me. But it did! It was so exciting for me. Now I just need to remember that I need to actually slow down and not blow though it taking the arm with me. I'll be sure to write that note on my arm to remind me on monday. 
 
I was at school 20 minutes early, It was food safety day. You know what today made me...a germ-a-phobe. I was sort of always a closet one. Now Im a full blown one. Everyone and everything is disgusting! Did you know we have more bacteria and crap in our bodies then we have cells? gross. I mean 98.6? Thats the danger zone. No wonder!  

Then we talked about bacteria, mould, viruses and other nasty things. Things that are high risk for bacteria and...gook...(im sorry lol im so tired..) and two of them were rice and cooked vegetables. Now I had both these things sitting in a container in my backpack. After I find out that bacteria doubles every twenty minutes I start eyeing my backpack expecting to see some sort of horrible bacteria creature come crawling out...Its been in there since 7:30 this morning. 4 hours in the danger zone...I.cant.eat.this. DAMN IT! Before this course, I would of had no problem popping it in the microwave and chowing down. But when you reheat you need to reheat it higher than the original cooking temperature. You need to reheat rice to 165 degrees. I nuked the hell out of it, and took a few nibbles...I couldn't do it. My little bacteria monster was jumping around in my brain singing "I'm gonna get you!..you can't smell me or taste me but I'm going to wreck you later!" little bastard ruined my lunch. 

We did this course from 830 to 5. Sooooo long! so much information so little food, not a good combo for ashley. We shall find out later if I passed my test, If I have to do that course again I might lose my marbles. BUT I did learn a lot. I thought I wasn't listening but it turns out my brain sucked up the info. Good job brain! 

I got my gym membership today, so now I just have to use it. And I also got a second locker. Lots of space to store my crap..i mean junk..I mean goodies! 

Since I didn't get out of school until 5 I was not happy that I would have to fight traffic again. Luckily the traffic didn't hit until after I got over the bridge (damn bedford highway again!!) The traffic was so backed up and absolutely insane that I found myself playing nintendo. What ashley? What do you mean? I know many if not all of you know what Mario Cart is. While I was waiting for traffic to move I found myself slipping in to Mario cart world. My thumbs were pressing invisible buttons on my steering wheel and my beautiful red car 'ruby' was shooting red shells to all these cars in front of me. Then I got a star which made me invincible and I got a mushroom which gave me power ups! I was going to make it home in record time! Then the traffic started moving again and I had to come back to the real world. 

...Note to self. Find and install red turtle shells. 

Now Monday is the first day of many 730 start times. Lets see how this goes! 

 Have a great weekend everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry yourself too much about the microbes that are lurking in the natural environment. People are designed to resist, and resistance is not futile! Food safety isn't meant to scare you, just make you aware of things so you're extra careful feeding me, er, us, er, customers...whomever, the goodies you make!

    ReplyDelete