Friday 20 September 2013

Last day in the decorating room.

Happy Friday!

 Today was our last day in our Decor rotation. I love being in the chocolate room, its so nice and quiet and air conditioned. On Tuesday we start on our bread rotation.

 We didn't do a whole lot today. We finally used our modelling chocolate that we made. Mine was crap. It was just crumbly and wouldn't come together so I had to use one of my teammates. It was nice that they were willing to share with me. We practiced making chocolate roses with leaves. That took a few hours. Then we attached them to the base of our chocolate chefs and added our french truffles and ganache filled chocolates to make a pretty looking plate. They looked amazing! you would never think we have only been learning chocolate for 3 days!

 Chef also showed us how to use transfer sheets! They are designs made in cocoa butter that are coloured and then they dry them on assatate paper. We temper the chocolate and then spread it thinly on the sheet, wait for it to set a little bit then make a little design (we made triangles today) then peel the paper away and the design ends up on the chocolate. We made yellow polka dot triangles!

...that was pretty well all we did today.

 I had planned to hit the gym and go up to the library to print all my recipes but it seems my lovely school mates have passed on their cold germs to me so I just came right home to rest. I can't rest because my upstairs neighbours little girl is just completely out of control and screaming and stomping and sounding like she going to come through my ceiling. A house...A house...for the love of god someone give me a house. I'm starting to seriously lose my mind. Now, I know there are some people thinking "you were an ECE..how can you get mad at a poor little girl throwing tantrums?"
 I don't blame her. I blame her pot smoking parents that keep her trapped in that little apartment all day and every weekend and don't teach her how to communicate. I just can't handle listening to crying and screaming for 6 hours straight.

 I'm going outside for a walk. Enough is enough.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Plated chef with truffles and chocolates and rose


My rose!

Me tempering chocolate.




No comments:

Post a Comment