Monday 30 September 2013

It's Monday! Back to the classroom..

Happy Monday!

Today we were back in the classroom. Theory test, theory, Communications and computers. I have figured out today why I chose a career where I am always moving and doing something. I find it so dang hard to sit at a desk all day and be engaged. I want to be...but cripes. Even working on my Blog I have trouble staying focused. I'm bouncing over to other websites while I wait for my brain to remember what I did in the day. It's quite a process..

 I got my Flour test back from last week. I only got one question wrong *pat on the back*
I'm not so confident that my sugar test today went as well. The way I studied was not working with what the outline of the test looked like. When I got that test my face dropped. I filled in every spot but not with the right answers. I hope that I will get a few pity points lol. I'm expecting to see something like "wow. you're a dummy..here are 2 points for effort." haha (chef would never do that, thats just what I picture in my mind). Seriously though, It's on me. Not anyones fault but my own for not doing well. I learned that I really need to know the info inside and out and to not panic! Hopefully the next test I will be a little calmer and pass it. Live and learn - can't win them all.

 This week in Theory we are learning about leavening agents, which is "the process of producing gas in a dough or batter." (no, I didn't know that off the top of my head - I'm reading my notes)
 This isn't as scientific as the sugars were, so I might be able to handle this one.

 Then we had communications! We did a fun little test today where we were put in to groups of 5 and we had to pick a leader - my group picked me. God love em. The "leaders" got brought out in the hallway where we were given a picture of a truck made from shapes. Our job was to sit with our backs to our group and explain to them how to draw this truck without saying the word "truck"and without the use of non-verbals (gestures, etc) . We did well! I made a mistake explaining something so the truck looked mirrored on their paper, but it was a truck none the less! I kept having to bring my hands down to my lap because I was trying to make the shapes with my hands. I'm a very non-verbal person. I can get overwhelmed when I hear to much talking or noise - I love my quiet time. So I have learned to use my non-verbals a lot. And we were taught in college (childcare - College round 1) how powerful non-verbals can be when dealing with children. You don't always have to be talking. I've held on to that lesson. Either way, It was wonderful. Fun activity!
 I tried to pay attention to the rest of the class but I felt like I needed a time out so I doodled a bit.  I hope teachers don't think I'm not paying attention or being rude. I just need to unfocus so I can refocus on whats going on. I can't be the only one who feels the need to do this...

 We were done early and got an hour and half for lunch. Always a bonus! I tried a pumpkin scone today. It was delicious! I have always snubbed pumpkin, I will try to be open and at least try it from now on. I think I decided I hated pumpkin when I used canned pumpkin in a sensory table for my little ones (when I was a nanny) And they had it EVERYWHERE. I was cleaning one of them up and he shoved his little pumpkin covered fist in to my mouth. Yep. That was moment I hated pumpkin lol. But I must say, it tastes completely different when your not eating it off a toddles fist. haha. ah, memories. I miss those kids.

 Computer class was pretty simple, we just had more library information about plagiarizing and research. Pretty straight forward.

 Then it was homeward bound where my friend and I talked about our love for donairs. If she didn't like them I don't the friendship could of lasted. It just couldn't. You think I'm kidding?.... ;)

 I walked in to my husband vacuuming. So sexy. He went and got groceries and cleaned. I'm so lucky. 10 years and he still takes care of me. xoxo. Those are for him. :)

 I don't have pictures of food today but I do have a picture of my projects that I finished today! I knitted my first ruffle scarf and also finished my dish cloth. Yay me!!

 I also wanted a snack while I was writing this so I waddled in to the kitchen and opened the fridge. Hmm, fresh watermelon..or a spoonful of chocolate icing from a can? (its from when I made cake pops months ago! I was in a pinch and didnt have time to make my own! Don't judge me.) Do you have any idea how hard it was for me to pick melon? But I did it. A victory!

Have a wonderful evening dear readers!

...how many of you have icing in a can sitting in your fridge that you are thinking about right now? ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment