Monday 16 September 2013

I have dreams...

It's 8:00 and I'm drinking tea, this means I have survived Monday (and the Target opening..) let me tell you about my day.

 It starts off like any other day, the overly cheerful people on the radio (who in the hell is that happy at 530am!?) wake me up, I hit snooze and fall back to sleep then wake up 6 minutes later in a frenzy thinking that I'm late. I take a luke warm shower because for some reason the hot water doesn't feel like working (but who can blame the poor pipes, it is 5:30 am after all..I wont hold it against them). I get as pretty as I want to be for the day. If I get my hair straightened its an accomplishment, forget make up and taking cat hair off my clothes (those two things are only for REALLY fancy days.)

 Then I try to beat the old jackass with the sports car out of the under ground parking. okay, here is the story on why I call him the "old jackass"... He lives a few doors down and his nice expensive sports car is parked directly across from my car. We leave our apartments at exactly the same time every morning, me carrying my huge chef bag and a lunch bag, him in his suit, leather jacket and sobeys bag with food. The weight off my backpack and my short little legs means I can't walk quite as fast as him...But I'm not miles behind him either. He's always in my eye sight. He NEVER holds the elevator for me, so I have to run down the stairs to the parking garage and he's usually exiting the elevator when I reach the bottom and then he never holds the door to the parking garage. It slams in my face.  Jackass. So because of this he always gets to his car JUST before me and i always have to wait for him to reverse his car then follow him out of the parking garage. Now I can understand his love for his car, I really do..I'm protective of my car and its not as nice as his. But "lucky" for me he takes the bedford highway..so I have to follow him the whole way to the bridge. He leaves (not exaggerating) a min of 4 car lengths in between him and the cars in front of him..its way to much and causes problems - I mean come on..seriously!?  Ruby (my car) wants nothing more then to bump this jackass so he learns how to drive his sport car and so he learns to hold elevators and doors for me! I talked her out of it though...for now. Its become a game for me now, get out of the garage before him. I've beat him once this week. and oh yes, I'm keeping score. It's a good start to my day when I'm the first one out lol.

 Anyways! On to school.

 I had my first test today. Its been over 7 years since I've taken a test and I did really well. There wasn't any equipment that I didn't know. hazaa! And they even gave us bonus questions - "what is ice wine?" I knew that one! and "what is a tidal bay wine" and the only answer I could give was "friggen delicious" Cross your fingers I get points for that answer! haha.

 Today in Baking Theory we learned about Flour. There is so much to flour. Holy crappers. Proteins and moisture and this and that...cripes! Did you know you can mix flours to come up with different protein percentages which gives you different textures and stuff? It's really quite neat, I have a whole new appreciation for people who make bread for a living. Amazing stuff. I won't bore you with the structure composition of the wheat kernel.

 After Theory we had communications! I love this class. I was super excited to get our personality tests back. This was the Myers-Briggs test. She handed it back to me and it wasn't marked "Crazy" or anything so it was a bonus! It pegged me right on. I love doing tests like this. Mine came back with the letter "I,S,F,J" . Which means nothing to you..I know. Let me explain.

I = Introversion. People who tend to focus on the inner world of ideas and impressions.

S= Sensing. People who prefer sensing tend to focus on the present and on concrete information gained from the senses.

F= Feeling. People who prefer feeling tend to base their decisions primarily on values and on subjective evaluation of person-centered concerns.

J = Judging (now this doesn't mean I'm judgemental..) People who prefer judging tend to like a planned and organized approach to life and prefer to have things settled.

ISFJ
 "Quiet, Friendly, Responsible, and conscientious. Work devotedly to meet their obligations. Lend stability to any project or group. Thorough, painstaking, accurate. Their interests are not technical. Can be patient with necessary details. Loyal, Considerate, perceptive, concerned with how other people feel." This is me! I'm going to email my teacher and ask for a more in depth description of this. So now she wants us to use what we know about ourselves to challenge ourselves and learn. Work with people of the opposite personality and learn from them and have them learn from us. One thing I did find funny is when she said "people who are introverts usually get mentally and physically tired being around extroverts.." and I started laughing because its so true! When I am around very out going, loud, talkative people I get mentally tired very quickly and I need down time. It's really neat how it all works.

 We also had a past graduate from the Boulanger program come in to talk to us about portfolios. I did a portfolio in college round 1 and I loved doing it. I'm worried because I don't know what my niche will be. I don't know what I want to do with this yet. When she mentioned that she combined her two passions ; Ballet (she was a dancer and teacher) and baking she has now created 'sprinkle toes' her own business. Its really amazing. I started brainstorming and writing things down that I had done and that were my passions. Childcare, Baking...wait. Baking for children?...teaching parents to bake with their kids?..childrens parties? A cafe where moms, dads and children are all welcome? Using my Early Childhood Education and my Pastry education.. The possibilities are endless!! I'm seeing this come together in my mind and I'm just so impressed with myself. The dreams are there I just need to work towards them. Stay tuned for awesomeness!

 Then we had a computer class and by now I had a wicked headache and no advil and was about ready to cry when I couldn't get the database to find me things on hobby farms. (part of an in class assignment) . Asking me to stare at a computer screen while my head is pounding is torture. Slow painful torture. But I made it though.

 This evening we went to the pre opening of Target in Bayerslake. It was nice, I didn't buy anything. The prices didn't blow me away and It stuff you could get pretty well any where else. But i'll go back once it calms down a little and check it out again.

 I think that's all about my day. How was your day?

 Tomorrow is the start of a whole new adventure. We are going to be put in to our groups and then we start our rotations. I can't wait to see what I'm working on this week! Very excited!

 Have a great night everyone.

ps. Don't be afraid to leave comments or to pass my blog on to others who you think might enjoy it! I would love your feedback! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment