Monday 21 October 2013

Another Monday!


It's Monday again!!  

Happy beginning of the week!  

 Today was Monday, which means...test day! As I have said before, we have a test every Monday based on the lesson from the previous week. Today was fats, oils and shortening. The notes weren't that bad to study. But when I was handed that test, and saw that it was 7 pages - I crapped my pants. And the kicker? Most of the questions had nothing to do with the test notes! I mean what the hell? No one felt confidant with this test. It's unfortunate. At one point I just started making things up haha. 


 We all did get a giggle though. One of our questions was "you get unsalted butter by feeding a cow a salt free diet" buahahaha. I'm confidant I got that question right.Chef might give us hard tests but at least he throws us a bone every now and then.  

 Then we had communication class where we had...can you guess?...a test! This one was not as difficult. Thank goodness. Let's hope I passed that one. Then we started working on resumes and building our brand.The material is a little dry, but the teacher is great at keeping things light and interesting. I'm sort of excited to see how my new resume turns out and what comes of "building my brand." 


 Now, because I have passed my computer challenges I didn't have to go to computer class which means we were done classes at 11. Sweet eh? So my friend Sara and I decided to go swimming at the YMCA at the college. That was fun! I always love swimming. I'm part fishy.  

 What I was not impressed with, was the life guard. He spent the whole time on his phone! A life guard on his phone? I can count on one hand how many times he looked up from his phone the whole time I was there. He even left while everyone was swimming to go get himself a drink. So unprofessional and unsafe. There might of been good swimmers there but it's so easy to get a cramp, or to take in water and choke. This bothered me so much I got the managers email and the lifeguards name. I will be dealing with this myself. I understand not liking your job, but having a job with the title "LIFE guard" - that's not something you can ignore. Don't be there to get a pay cheque, you're going to kill someone. Rant over. 

 Now I'm sitting at the car dealership waiting for Ruby to get an oil change. Fun times. I'm going to try and color my marzipan figurines tonight and present them to chef tomorrow. I hope I get in to skills! I need my little penguin and seal to come through for me! 

Also another peeve of mine. Spell check. When you spell something wrong by one letter and it changes it to a completely different word and it still comes up that it's spelt wrong! Stupid technology! It's a complaining kind of day. Rant two over! 



Oh! This weekend I made a bunch of goodies for my church auction. Two fruit tarts for the pot luck and some chocolate truffles and homemade caramel sauce. Very pleased with myself :)

Have a wonderful evening you beautiful people! 


oh! My dad also got me a present from his trip to Norway. A Lovely toque and some chocolate! mm

Homemade truffles and caramel for my church auction! 

My tarts! 
Chocolate bar from Norway my dad got for me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment