Wednesday 30 October 2013

Never.ending.chocolate

HELLO!!

 Today was more chocolate! For this week all sara and I have been doing is making cakes and mousse. I'm ready to try making something new. Some people were pulling sugar today - I was so jealous. This is something I have been looking forward to forever! I think Chef saw my sad puppy dog eyes staring at him and he said "You guys will do it tomorrow.." YIPPIE!
 I will be reminding him multiple times tomorrow of his promise.

 Today we finished our tia maria cake, well we put it together in the ring mould. We also made these long meringue tubes that we will be putting on to the cake. I think its going to look really neat!

 Every time we made a mousse or cream Chef would walk by and taste it (How he's skinny, I will never know. I look at it and my ass grows.) He asked us if we have tried it and I say "..nooo" "What!? why? whats wrong with you?" "Well, Its called 'I'm getting fat'" "I see. But its so worth it." He's right. It is. So I tried my cream. I really should be trying everything I make, thats the name of the game. When its 830 in the morning and you're eating chocolate or mousse or cake it feels wrong lol.

 We did get to make some chocolate rings that we filled with mousse. You cut these strips of acetate paper that has cocoa butter designs on it, then spread tempered chocolate on to it and shape it, let it dry, then peel off the paper and the design is transferred on to your chocolate. So we put these in to little tubes, cut chocolate bases and filled them with mousse. When we are ready for them we will be filling the rest with fruit. They will look beautiful!

 I am so excited for this event. I hope we raise enough money for the north wood nursing home. Its for such a good cause.

 That was pretty much my day. Came home and napped. I fell asleep sitting up in my chair until my friend texted me and I woke up.. I can seriously fall asleep anywhere at anytime. Its a gift. I will never be sleepy!

No pictures today. Things are to busy and we have yet to fully finish a product. Its all parts and components right now. I see lots of pictures this weekend!

Have a great evening you beautiful people.


No comments:

Post a Comment