Tuesday 22 October 2013

Last day of Round 1!

Tuesday. God I'm tired.

 Today was the last day of our first round of rotations. Decor, Bread, Vienossiorie, Pastry and Restaurant. Out of all of them I really enjoyed V, Pastry and Restaurant most.

 We got to make two plated desserts today (only orders that came in from the restaurant..booo) But either way I was excited! I was really looking forward to working on some plated desserts. Hopefully next rotation there will be a big group. We made Creme Caramel with caramelized apples. Chef encouraged us to try it - I really didn't want to. The texture of creme caramel is not for me. Its a very jiggly custard. But I tried and after three bites I ended up gagging it back out in my hand. lol. Nice. It tasted amazing, but that texture...

 Tomorrow we are going to be getting our new groups and working on Halloween stuff for the rest of the week. Cookies and cakes and stuff. Then on Friday we get to have one on one meetings with Chef to find out what we need to work on and how things are going. Looking forward to getting some feedback.

 Today we finished our pumpkin milk chocolate cake. Its very fancy! I was going to buy it and bring it in for my coworkers to eat but it was 20$..I don't have 20$. It was a great price, I can only imagine a cake like that in a bakery would sell for 60 bucks easily. Then we got our other cakes that we made in the cake rings and we got to enrobe them in white chocolate and fill the top with fruit. This was a challenge but I really liked it! We had to work on a marble slab that was in the freezer so the chocolate cooled really quickly and then you could pick it up and bend it around, I loved it. Looks pretty. Hope it tastes just as good.

 Then we did some more bird cages for the plated desserts. I love bird cages! I'm very excited to start working on pulled sugar! So many new exciting things coming!

 I also finished my Marzipan figurings and brought them in to chef so he could look them over and give me some pointers. He liked my penguin. My seal needs some work, I knew it did. Something wasn't right when I made him. So I'm going to try again, I know I can do better. My seal had more of a face of a dog and I need to stretch out his body, I also need to turn his present in to a fish. Chef asked "whats that?" "...umm a present.." I wanted to cry. haha. Not just because of that but because I'm just so tired and girl stuff and tired some more. I'm pretty sure If I put my shoes on the wrong feet I would cry right now. Nothing a good sleep and tea wont fix.

 I'm off to listen to Davin scream at the tv (leafs fan...) and I have to reorganize a million recipes. Wish me luck.

 Have a wonderful evening.











2 comments:

  1. The marzipan figures are adorable! (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy!! They were more work than I thought they would be.

      Delete